Finance and Accounting Team
The Financial and Accounting Team is responsible for:
- safeguarding and accounting for all of the company’s and Limited Partnerships’ cash, equipment and fixed assets
- preparing internal and external reports which summarize and forecast each business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
- conducting feasibility analyses on prospective real estate acquisitions or developments and coordinates financing through underwriters or other financing institutes
- directing preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification
- preparing reports required by regulatory or investment agencies and maintains adequate insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities
The Finance and Accounting Team is overseen by Clyde “Skip” Skinner, Vice President / Chief Financial Officer. Skip brings to the team 38 years of experience in the finance and accounting arena, including 12 years experience in Real Estate Development. He is well versed in the rules and use of Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Tax Exempt Bonds and numerous other forms of Public and Private financing sources. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting and is certified as a Housing Development Finance Professional (HDFP), Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) and a National Compliance Professional (NCP).
Holly Barela, Director of Accounting, brings 13 years of accounting experience to the team and also holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting. Her experience includes two years as an auditor in a Public Accounting firm and is certified as a Housing Development Finance Professional (HDFP). Holly oversees the proper posting and recording of corporate payroll and financial transactions and is responsible for the correct and timely submission of internal and external financial reports. Holly also reviews and “audits” the financial transactions and reporting performed by the Property Management Agents on the properties in which we are the General Partner.
Angela Gabaldon, General Accountant, joined the company in 2012. Angela will assist the Director of Accounting in reviewing and recording financial transactions on the company and properties. Angela is also responsible for the preparation of the corporate financial statements, monitoring and reconciling bank statements and investment accounts. Angela has a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and brings 8 years of accounting experience to the team.
Kathleen Burge, General Accountant, is the most recent addition to the Accounting Department. Kathleen will assist the Director of Accounting in reviewing and recording financial transactions on the company and properties as well as the preparation of the corporate financial statements, monitoring and reconciling bank statements and investment accounts. Kathleen has a bachelor's degree in Accounting and brings 10 years of accounting experience to the team as well as an entrepreneurial background when she ran her own company, Skylight Bookkeeping.
Lola Garcia is our Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk and also serves as the Employee Benefits Coordinator for the company and she has been with YES Housing since 1999. Lola has an Associate of Applied Science in Accounting and she holds certifications as an Automated Office Specialist, Payroll Clerk, Bookkeeping, General Business, Wage and Hour Law, Wage and Hour Law Compliance, and Human Resources and the Law.